Thank you for your interest! We would love to help you share your experience with the community.
CCVTBlogs would like to invite all clients and interested members of the CCVT community to join the blog as contributors! If you do not wish to request a contributor account, but have a submission you want on the blog, send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
To become a contributor, we need your name and email. Please also include your class (e.g. computer class) and the name of your instructor.
Once you fill these out, we will send you an invitation to be a contributor. You will need a WordPress account in order to accept the invitation, but if you don’t already have one, don’t worry! The email will include a link to create a WordPress account.
To submit a post to CCVTBlogs, just follow these simple steps:
- Select a prompt from the list, or choose your own topic. We recommend that you respond to the prompt with reference to your own experience.
- Write a 200-1000 word response to the prompt and save it as a draft from your contributor account.
- You will receive feedback from our editor with comments and grammar corrections
- Edit your piece and save as a draft — the administrator will post it shortly after.
Some possible prompts include:
- When you first came to Toronto, what surprised you about this city? What was different? What was the same?
- What are some of the hardest parts of getting settled in Toronto? What are some of the challenges you faced while getting settled in?
- What advice would you have for someone new to Toronto? What are some things you did that helped you find community here?
- Talk about something you did that changed the way you felt about living here. How did it change your outlook on life in Toronto?
- What are some of your favorite places in the city? Are there places that make you feel at home/welcome in the city?
- Talk about your first day in the city/ of classes/ of work/ sending your child to school here in Toronto. What was challenging? What helped you overcome the challenges?
- What are some of your goals for the future? Talk about what you are doing to reach them.
- Talk about someone who inspires you or helps you stay motivated as you face the challenges of moving to a new place. What do they do to inspire you?
If you wish to have your blog entry removed from the website, please email email@example.com.
Guidelines for comments/discussion:
We welcome your comments! We hope that the blog entries you see on our site will inspire you to post concise and relevant comments that stimulate discussion, offer new information, or support our clients.
CCVTBlogs aims to be a safe space for constructive discussion, and reserve the right to review all comments submitted, and withhold or take down those that meet the following criteria:
- Are profane, libelous, racist, or which engage in personal attacks
- Seek to spread information that is false or misleading
- Are written entirely in capitals
- Contain links to websites that are profane, libelous, racist, engage in personal attacks, or spread information that is false or misleading